Friday, October 23, 2015

Beginner Violin Ensemble Music

This coming summer I hope to do an ensemble with my violin students. I think it will really boost their note reading and rhythm abilities. Besides, I think it will be SO much fun!

I plan to have a beginner group and an advanced beginner group (all of my students except one have been playing for less than two years.) Here are a few of the books I've been looking at using.

Primo Performance (Violin) by Robert Frost
Primo Encores (Score) by Robert Frost
Artistry in Ensembles, Book 1 by Robert Frost and Deborah Monday
First Things First: Elementary Level Ensembles by Robert Frost
Strings Extraordinaire! by Deborah Monday and Janice McAllister
More Strings Extraordinaire! by Deborah Monday and Janice McAllister
Beautiful Music for Two String Instruments by Samuel Applebaum
Music Plus! Incredible Collection for Violin Ensemble by William Starr
O'Connor Method for Orchestra, Book 2 (1st Violin) by Mark O'Connor
O'Connor Method for Orchestra, Book 2 (2nd Violin) by Mark O'Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment